Hello all,
I returned Friday from a week in NYC. One of my regular stops is Pasteur Pharmacy on 34th in Midtown East .I visit whenever I am in the city and refill my shaving supplies. I'm partial to D.R. Harris shaving creams. Pasteur is an old fashioned privately owned pharmacy. The aisles are narrow, prescriptions are filled at the back of the store. If you grew up in the 50's it will feel familiar. Regulars pop in and out, greeting the employees by first names. What makes Pasteur unique is its wide selection of better shaving creams, razors, and soaps. Leon recognized me and we chatted for a bit.
He is interested in what people buy and why, and showed me some of the new non-tallow products he said the younger guys are enthusiastic about. He is never pushy, instead he offered to mail a few samples along for me to try at home. Some older forum members lament the loss of the local haberdashery they grew up visiting. This is a type of store that is too often honored only in its absence. Don't miss out. If you are a wet shaver and want to enjoy experience a true old fashioned pharmacy, check into Pasteur your next visit to NYC. The prices are competitive with online and the experience is well worth a detour.
WHH
Pasteur Pharmacy NYC visit
I returned Friday from a week in NYC. One of my regular stops is Pasteur Pharmacy on 34th in Midtown East .I visit whenever I am in the city and refill my shaving supplies. I'm partial to D.R. Harris shaving creams. Pasteur is an old fashioned privately owned pharmacy. The aisles are narrow, prescriptions are filled at the back of the store. If you grew up in the 50's it will feel familiar. Regulars pop in and out, greeting the employees by first names. What makes Pasteur unique is its wide selection of better shaving creams, razors, and soaps. Leon recognized me and we chatted for a bit.
He is interested in what people buy and why, and showed me some of the new non-tallow products he said the younger guys are enthusiastic about. He is never pushy, instead he offered to mail a few samples along for me to try at home. Some older forum members lament the loss of the local haberdashery they grew up visiting. This is a type of store that is too often honored only in its absence. Don't miss out. If you are a wet shaver and want to enjoy experience a true old fashioned pharmacy, check into Pasteur your next visit to NYC. The prices are competitive with online and the experience is well worth a detour.
WHH
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire