Winning the "Crease Lottery" with new shoes - how can I increase my chances?

mardi 27 octobre 2015

I know shoes will crease no matter what I do and that does not necessarily detract from the aesthetics of a good shoe, but what can I do to increase the likelihood that the creases will form in the right places? (assuming that I am wearing the proper fit in the first place).

I have a new pair, for instance, where the left shoe is forming a crease right along the cap toe where it should be, but the right shoe decided to form a hard crease right through the middle of the vamp within the first 2 minutes of walking.

The stiffness of the leather of brand new shoes causes it to bend in unnatural ways in the beginning. I took a pen and rolled it along the vamp and tried to encourage the shoe to crease at the captoe. I also put a couple business cards on my foot under the vamp to suppress the hard creasing there, but I don't know if that's only making it worse.

I'm just waiting until the leather gets soft enough to bend naturally and stop putting pressure on these unnatural crease points. But I'm new at this and don't really know what I am doing.

Are there crease whisperers out there who can help me master the art of breaking in a new pair of shoes?
Winning the "Crease Lottery" with new shoes - how can I increase my chances?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire