Help...champagne taste, beer budget

mercredi 28 octobre 2015

hi all,

I am new hear and very new the whole "wearing a suit" thing. I will be completing a 5 year full-time graduate school program in just a couple of months and need to suit up for my job search/interview process, and then for the real world beyond.

This is a second career for me, and I will be 49 at the time of my graduation (so not old by a long shot, but not a kid either). And the final onus for wanting to buy something really nice is this...I have lost just over 100 pounds in the past year and a half!!! I am only 14 pounds away from what my doctor says will my ideal weight. At the rate I am going, I have no doubt I will reach that goal by the end of the year.

So...here's where I need advice. I have been very excited for the first time in my adult life to go out and purchase clothing. I have done a fair bit of research, here and other sites, and know the difference between a well made canvassed suit with nice fabric, and a low line fused suit. I have been going to various stores here in LA trying on different styles, cuts and designers hoping to zero in on what fits me the best and makes me look as good as I can. Unfortunately, NOTHING I have tried fits as well or looks as good as a Zegna. Not the Z Zegna, which apart from being not so great a suit, just doesn't fit me correctly. i am talking about the emigliano zegna full line. I mean, I look and feel like a million bucks in it. Unfortunately the retail is $2700 (which seeing as I will need 3 suits right off the bat sort of feels like an actual million bucks to me).

Knowing what my size is and how it fits...and having a recommendation for a great tailor in my area that can do the very minor alterations I would need (just hem the pants and sleeves, and take care of a very minor shoulder roll), I would feel quite comfortable buying on line if I could find a good enough deal. I feel as though I need the standard Navy and Charcoal colors, and for reasons of my profession, I will also need a basic black suit. I've tried ebay and the standard solid colors just don't seem to show up much. And the discount online places I have found like blue seem to only carry the z-zegna

Where would be the best places to look on line for good prices on these Zegnas? I can probably go as high as a grand per suit...am I dreaming thinking I can find them for that?

Please...any advice would be most welcome (other than, try this brand or that brand...I've tried so many and really, these fit the best by far...so before I think about switching it up, I really want to try finding a semi-affordable route to get what I really want).

Open to suggestions.
Help...champagne taste, beer budget

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire