A Question on Hangers / Suit Hanging

lundi 26 octobre 2015

Hello all

I have a couple of quick question about hangers and suit hanging.

It is my understanding that, for obvious reasons, sturdy wooden hangers with broad shoulder support is preferable for suit jackets.

But what is everyone's preference for trousers?

First of all, do you hang your suit trousers on the same hanger as your suit, on the trouser bar? I generally avoid doing this, and hang them separately. I guess it's good form to allow the garments to air out/drape independently? But as my suit collection grows, my storage space diminishes, meaning I might have to start hanging together.

Secondly, what is your preference for trouser hanger type? I know hanging them completely upside down using a clamp type hanger is ideal, to allow creases to fall out, and I do this with trousers straight after wear. However my wardrobe cannot accommodate this type of hanging, and so once it is stored it is folded on a hanger.

Suit hangers usually come with two types of trouser bar: velvet and non-slip. What is everyone's preference? I have these non-slip type at the moment:



But am thinking of switching to the rounded velvet type:


I like to use velvet when hanging trousers independently, but my wooden jacket hangers have the non-slip toothy type.

Thoughts?

Thanks
A Question on Hangers / Suit Hanging

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire