Summary of Trouser Materials

jeudi 29 octobre 2015

Hello all,

I am quite fortunate to have secured a job after graduation where the daily dress code is business casual. While I love my suits, I am excited to be able to show a bit more individuality by wearing my many blazers and sport coats. But in my still-adolescent sartorial journey, I have been tripped up by my trousers.

I have struggled to figure out the different functions of various trouser materials and the circumstances in which they are appropriate. Living in North Carolina, and soon moving to north Texas, I principally worry about wearing trousers made of material too heavy for comfortable use. And secondarily wearing colors that are inappropriate for certain seasons.

The main source of my confusion is over the color grey. I currently lack a suitable pair of grey trousers to wear with my sport coats and blazers, and I've been paralyzed to make a decision. Should grey trousers be strictly wool (worsted in warmer months & woolen in cooler months)? May they be cotton chinos? Do certain shades of grey work better in winter vs. spring vs. summer?

Perhaps a review of what I currently own (and what I feel comfortable wearing to the office) is in order:

- LE khaki chinos - tailored fit, no cuff / half break
- LE navy chinos, tailored fit, 2" cuff / no break
- LE coffee brown chinos, tailored fit, 2" cuff / no break

I've seen the LE soapstone color in person, and I quite like it. But should grey be worn in cotton trousers?

Additionally, I would be grateful for suggestions on other colors I should consider.

Thank you all in advance!
Summary of Trouser Materials

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire