Bands of fabric inside front of dress pants?

vendredi 30 octobre 2015

I recently purchased a very nice pair of (previously owned) flat-front, slim fit dress trousers at a consignment shop. They fit me well, and appear to be a bespoke garment (no brand name, and a pattern and serial # on the label).

I initially thought they were women's trousers due to the lining in the back, but I noticed later that the tab and fly open to the left, and they have a real back pocket and are a bit boxy at the hips, so they may be men's trousers. They fit well, so I don't care.

What I noticed is that there are bands of fabric stitched at the side seam and to the fly on each side. They are not attached to the pockets, so they form "loops" within the front inside of the trousers. The fabric is 5-7 cm wide and is similar sturdy material as the pockets.

What are these bands called, and what is their function?
Bands of fabric inside front of dress pants?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire