Carmina Shell Water Spots

mercredi 28 octobre 2015

I bought these Carminas a while back. Every time I get a drop of water on them, it creates a dark, dull spot that must be brushed for quite a while to return to normal. I haven't had this problem with my other pairs of shell (Hanover, one pair thrifted, one new old stock). Of course I've gotten water welts, but nothing like this.

I tried a treatment of Renomat, followed by a small bit of Allen Edmonds shell cordovan cream. No change. I've wiped them down with water and shined them back up again three times. No change. As a result, I can't really wear them. If I get a few drops of water on them while washing my hands, I have spots on my shoes until I get home and buff them up again. Any ideas? I saw another thread referencing Alden protector, but I've always read that you should never put weatherproofing on shell.

Carmina Shell Water Spots

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire