In praise of the waistcoat (and advice needed)

mardi 27 octobre 2015

I try to express this as well as I can with my limited English capacities: I really like waistcoats and I have become to include a waistcoat in my apparel at almost a daily basis (safe for hot weather). In fact, during the day in a overheated office I hang my jacket and I think that it looks better when wearing a waistcoat than just pants and shirt. It gives me that "Sonny Corleone", "man of action" look if you know what I mean. Fact is, that I have a rather skinny build but relatively broad shoulders. That being said I have to stay clear of slim fit shirts and if I wear a shirt that is comfortable around the chest it gets rather floppy around my waist. The waistcoat adresses that problem nicely.

The problem is, even if waistcoats became somewhat fashionable lately they remain elusive and hard to come by. Especially since the possibilities for combinations with pants and odd jackets require a large collection of items of different fabrics and colours if you want to add some variation in your wardrobe. Also it appears important do rotate them often being a garment that is worn close to the body. The same is true for three piece suits that still are hard to find where I live.

Also, I need some inspiration for different combinations. Up to now I own solid dark brown, brown linen, sky blue, rusty red tweed, light grey, and two variations of checked flanell in grey earthy and brown tones. All rather conservative. Nothing too flashy or colourful (I think one has to avoid looking like a clown) and no black (I don't want to look like an undertaker either).

Does anyone know online retailers that offer a vide variations of waistcoats and would you care to share some advices for nice combinations (perhaps with pics)?

Thanks a lot!
In praise of the waistcoat (and advice needed)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire