LL Bean chamois shirt rant

samedi 24 octobre 2015

I've always worn and always been a fan of LL Bean's flannel shirts- for my money, you can't beat the feel and the warmth of the fabric or the classic patterns. So at the end of last winter (February-ish), I decided to branch out and purchase my first chamois shirt from them- this beautiful apple cinnamon plaid that screams "fall":


the shirt is amazing. I was advised prior to ordering the shirt to order a size down (because the shirt was a bit larger) so I ordered a small. The fit is great- slightly bulky (so I wear it as a light jacket), with ample sleeve length (which was my primary concern with ordering a small). All in all, probably my favorite fall/winter shirt.

fast forward to today. With cooler weather approaching, I decided that I wanted to get a couple solid chamois shirts (navy and green specifically). Since my first one is a small, I ordered a small for this as well. Long story short, here is the new one on top of the old one:


both size small, both traditional fit, the new one with sleeves about 2" shorter and attached at a clearly different pitch (I think that's the term). Since the sleeves were too short to be useable, I reordered a medium in the same shirt- the same size I wear for their scotch plaid flannel shirts. Results:


Besides the body being longer and wider (which was expected), the sleeves are STILL an inch shorter on the medium than my older small.

I had always heard to size down on the chamois, and that worked amazingly well on my first shirt, but unfortunately- as much as I like the material- it doesn't appear as though I'll be able to wear these. I do wonder if my first shirt was the inconsistent one- if so, it worked in my favor, but I wish I could replicate it.
LL Bean chamois shirt rant

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire