Linen shirts, sizing, shrinkage, expansion

lundi 26 octobre 2015

I bought a few linen shirts from Spier & Mackay. I bought all my OTR shirts from them because they fit decently well and they are well made for its price due to the strong USD and weak Canadian dollar.

The linen shirts, they fit okay out of the box (little bigger than the cotton shirts). However, when I washed (hot water) and ironed them, the material expanded or something. The shirts are all huge now. So big that they are unwearable. The shirt cuff and sleeve just cover my entire hand because it expanded so much. A week later, I washed and machine dried them and they fit a lot better (pretty much same size out of the box). I'm wearing one right now and I like it, but it's very wrinkled. I rather have it slightly less wrinkled because I don't want to look unkempt.

When you iron linen, is it supposed to expand?
Linen shirts, sizing, shrinkage, expansion

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire