What shoe to buy on AE sale (and use for interview)?

mercredi 30 septembre 2015

Hi, I have an interview for graduate school programs on October so it is not the most formal event but I still want to look good and I want to buy something right now from the AE sale. Right now I work in a business casual fintech office: slacks, button shirt and sometimes a blazer. Sometimes on friday dress down with chinos and a polo or a more casual shirt. I am late twenties if it matters

I have what I consider a big collection of "good dress shoes", please find below:

  • Black bit loafers (Ferragamo)
  • Brown bit loafers (AE Verona)
  • Merlot AE Mcallisters
  • Blue AE Neumoks
  • Grey AE Park Avenues (just wear thrice in my life, difficult colour)
  • AE Mora 2.0 bourbon (love them)
  • AE Rush Street Cap toe on distressed olive


For casual wear I have Sperry boat shoes, one pair of chukkas and Dr. Martens

To the office I mostly wear the loafers and the Mora and Rush Street. Sometimes the Mcallisters on the rare occasions I wear a suit. I like to communicate a not so boring style.

So, I see two problems:
  1. I do not have a black oxford for those ultra formal events (and I don't think I need them)
  2. I do not have bluchers


So please fine gentleman could you help with these difficult decisions?:
What should I buy on the AE sale?
Right now I am shortlisting:
  • Fifth Avenue in Dark Brown or Chili(another oxford and I see it as too formal, the cheapest and less favourite of my options)
  • Yorktown in Burgundy (blucher, more modern and a colour that I love) http://ift.tt/1M1Oc59
  • Cornwallis on Dark Brown or maybe black (more sleek than the fifth avenue) http://ift.tt/1M1Oc5d


I really do not think I need the black park avenues, less you say so. Thus, two final questions:
What should I buy?
What should I wear to my interview? I will wear a mid/dark grey plain suit (not charcoal) with light blue shirt and matching tie.
I am thinking on the Mcallisters but maybe the broguing is too much and I should wear the yorktowns? Cornwallis?

Thanks so much, appreciate it.
What shoe to buy on AE sale (and use for interview)?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire