BBRF Camel Hair Topcoat

dimanche 27 septembre 2015

I'd love to hear what you gents think of the Brooks Brothers Red Fleece Camelhair Blend Topcoat.

http://ift.tt/1NVs3Ka

I was in the Brooks Brothers Country Club store in Grand Boulevard last night asking about it. The SA confirmed that they wouldn't be carrying and coats, because duh - Florida, so I plan to order a few sizes to try them on. What was interesting is that he provided some insight about the Red Fleece line. His comments were that it was selling well and that the main line BB customers were interested, but that the fits were too slim. BB HQ plans to "universalize" the RF fits so it can accomadate more of it's established cusotmer base. He alluded that the fits would go from very slim to just a bit slim, and that for this coat he would order a half or whole size up. Great conversation and definitely pop into their store if you're in the panhandle. There's also an Orvis 50 feet away and a really great Mexican restaurant across the street from it.

So anyways, what do you all think of this topcoat for $700? It's probably made in China et al. The price is a thousand less than the Golden Fleece version which is now made in Italy, instead of in the US as they had been in recent years. Is the construction solid or will it fall apart after one season? I'd like to know. It's also a wool and camelhair blend. I wonder what that ratio is. And since the description puts wool first, am I really getting my money's worth of camel? How many camel hairs break that ratio's back? I do like the color and the fly front. If the fit and proportions are as slim as the pictures look, it could be a nice contemporary coat that will do for a young man. That is the target market for BBRF after all?

So again, does anyone have thoughts on the BBRF camelhair blend topcoat? It's the last style I need to complete my outerwear lineup and after seeing it in the latest catalogue I'm pretty keen on it.
BBRF Camel Hair Topcoat

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire