Best 'wash' for cashmere these days? Am I doing it all wrong?

jeudi 27 août 2015

Greetings everyone...

I've always been told to hand wash cashmere in cold water with a cap of good old fashioned Woolite and it will last pretty much forever.

Recently I was having a discussion with a co-worker and was 'informed' that long-term Classic-style Woolite would damage cashmere and that I shouldn't still be using the stuff. Instead I'm supposed to apparently use either the new Woolite for Darks stuff or something called Laundress.

I'm now officially confused...

I always thought the Woolite Darks was for jeans, black, dark blue, etc... You know - 'darks'. I've never heard of this Laundress stuff she was talking about.

I'd like to think that she's mis-informed, but since her sweaters always look fantastic and new I figured that I'd check with the experts here... Have any of you heard of this? I was always under the impression that old fashioned Woolite was about the safest thing you could use on any fabric.

Any information would be most helpful... As expensive as those things are I definitely don't want to do anything to hurt my collection. Advice?

- Denver
Best 'wash' for cashmere these days? Am I doing it all wrong?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire