What to do with a family "heirloom"?

lundi 28 décembre 2015

While home over the holidays, I excavated a 15-year old Burberry coat that had belonged to my father. It's nothing special in itself, but it's important to me for obvious sentimental reasons.

Now, this coat is billed as a car coat, so I don't expect a trim fit, but after examining myself in the mirror, it looks quite bulky on me - almost like a 1.5 size big duffel coat. It's a size medium; I wear a 41-42 coat, so surprising that it's too big!

My first instinct is to take it to a tailor; my second that perhaps it's meant to fit huge (it was the late 90s after all!). Most importantly, though, I don't want harm to come to the jacket - I'd rather wear it oversized and infrequently than see it come apart under tailoring.

Does anyone have experience with tailoring such coats? I don't see an interior seam which worries me a bit...

Thanks in advance for your help!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What to do with a family "heirloom"?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire