Vass monk strap suggestions

dimanche 27 décembre 2015

Long-time lurker here.

I'm about to get some monk straps from Vass and would like to ask for advice on the choice of lasts because I have not seen any of the models in real life and am not sure about the appearance. The model will be black single monks, preferably without any toe caps or medallions, and I'm concerned is that with some lasts it can either be too elongated relative to the strap position (U last) or too blunt or bulbous (F or particularly P2). Problem is, I'm only judging by the pictures. Here are some of them:

U last:



P2 last



F last (copied from another forum)



What would you recommend, aesthetically? As a sort of reference, I find Church's Westbury (which I have seen in real life) one of the best-looking single monks in black - not too pointy, not too blunt and just the right proportions for a fairly conservative model:




Vass lasts that I have experience with are F, U, P2 and R - subjectively, F and P2 are both fine in terms of comfort, with U I'd have to go up half a size but it's still OK, and R is fairly uncomfortable.
Vass monk strap suggestions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire