Sad state of affairs today - non-iron and button downs

dimanche 29 novembre 2015

A few days ago, I went to the mall, the largest one in our state and in a very wealthy area.

I went inside Brooks Brothers asked for their must-iron section. I was told they don't carry any- any!

Ah, I'll settle for a Ralph Lauren perhaps. I went inside Macy's. I asked, do you have any dress shirts that aren't wrinkle free or non-iron? The man shook his head. "Try Brooks Bros" - not a single dress shirt in the whole store, irrespective of collar type or weave!

I went inside Nordstrom and asked if they have any OCBD's. "Nope, try BB"

I went inside LL Bean. Everything is wrinkle free and the sales associate thought I should be impressed.

I went inside Jos A Bank. Just kidding.

This is sad - if I want a must iron Oxford dress shirt I must go online.

I can get cheap must-iron OCBD's at Old Navy, Uniqlo, Kohls (Sonoma, Arrow) or J Crew Factory, but those are strictly casual sports shirts (I.e they are bought with puckered seams, short collars can't go with ties, and come in small medium large; serve an important niche but not dress).

Anyone on here gets their must iron OCBD dress shirts at an actual store?
Sad state of affairs today - non-iron and button downs

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire