MWH got me a BB suit

jeudi 26 novembre 2015

Alright the title is a little cryptic and deceiving, but the end result is true.

I purchased a BB charcoal and white 3 piece 1818 flannel suit during the corporate sale. It is quite distinctive, and even to a novice it is apparent that it is made of a luxurious ( read pricy ) material .

Upon trying it on after tailoring, I realized that it would stand out as new like a sore thumb. Now my wife knows I buy a fair amount of clothing, but the new items tend to blend in with the pack, or seem to then initiated to be minor purchases. For instance, upon wearing my new Carmina bal shell boots, for the first time, my wife commented, to me that she always liked that boot.

Standing in front of the mirror at Brooks, I wondered to myself, how I was ever going to wear it in front of her. I couldn't think of a way to slip it into my wardrobe unobtrusively.

My son came to my rescue last night when he. Came home for the holidays. He brought his new JA MTM suit from MWH. It was a similar color worsted Glen Plaid.

A discussion ensued as to the,writs of his suit. I thought it was shorter than I would like, but certainly appropriate for a 30 year old man, and not fashion foward short. Since he needs a large suit collection for his job, I suggested he forgo the bells and whistles, such as surgeons cuffs so hecould purchase more suits. then when he has a solid collection of 8-10, he can indulge in these niceties. For now he needs a large wardrobe of workhorse suits, with 2 pairs of pants each.

i questioned his choice of a peak lapel at this stage as he only has 5 suits, with another on order. Again peak lapels can come later on. His response was that since he is short (5'6") 130 lbs, and of narrow frame, the peak lapel added breadth to his silhouette. Additionally he claims a longer suit would cut him in half, making him appear shorter.

I countered that that was all poppycock iGent, fashionista BS, and that he was letting modern trends distort his viewpoint. Upon hearing this, my wife told me to stop arguing with him, since he works in a men's shop, and that's what "They" all wear on TV, movies, and in the magazines, that he was right.

This is where the BB comes in.

I pulled out my New BB suit and put it on. I showed him the length difference of about an inch, and how it gave a more flattering outline. While his quarters close well and cover his belt line well, his was appropriate, but IMO the little extra length was better. We agreed to disagree.

Afterwards I had my wife examine the two suits and compare the materials, and construction. Even with his employee discount I proclaimed, I was able to purchase a better made higher quality suit for the same price, by having purchased it at the end of last Fall on clearance.

She boughtit, and now my "old" suit is available to be worn at will with not an eyebrow raised. A little white lie, or immoral deception? I'll let you judge for yourselves. In my view the end justified the means.

So, in a roundabout way MWH really did get me into a BB suit.:devil:
MWH got me a BB suit

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire