Fountain pens

jeudi 26 novembre 2015

Who else still uses a fountain pen?

I am not a collector. I prefer to find a tool perfectly suited to its task.

I have two, both of which are a bit 'off the beaten track'.

The first is a Pelikan Souveran M600, which is my workhorse. An great 'wet' nib, tweaked by my supplier such that it can be left for 10 minutes uncapped during a meeting yet start perfectly when picked up to note something. The nib writes with a smoothness I have not seen in the Parkers and Watermans and a Montblanc that I tried before discovering it. It has an immense reservoir of ink, as it fills with a piston mechanism and uses most of the body of the pen to hold the ink (confirming its workhorse status).

m600_black_green.jpg
The second is a Sailor. This mainly sits on my desk. The nib is truly exquisite; even better than the Pelikan. It is almost like writing with a Japanese brush. I also prefer the aesthetic (plain and with the silver trim).

pro_gear_2_rt.jpg
How about you?

B.
Attached Images
Fountain pens

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire